- Why Should I use the DIB Online Banking?
• It’s so easy to register. And, it’s FREE!
• It’s your own bank. You have instant access to real time information on your banking, deposits and finance accounts. This apart, you can access information on our full range of products and services at the click of a mouse. Rest assured it is personalised to meet your requirements.
• DIB Connect is safe & easy. Using your internet banking user ID and internet banking Password, you can now bank with confidence knowing that your transactions remain safe. In addition, we provide a second level authentication of a One Time Password (OTP). With our simple and intuitive navigational toolbars and buttons, you will realise how easy it is to browse the site.
• It’s fast. It takes only a few minutes to get updated account information and complete a banking transaction – giving you more time to do other things.
• It’s convenient. You can perform secure electronic banking right from the comfort of your home or office through the internet.
• Its open 24 hours. With Online Banking, you can access your accounts day and night – no need to wait for your monthly account statements or limit your banking to branch timings. You can even access it on bank holidays in effect 365 days a year.
• It’s worldwide access. As long as you can access the Internet, you can access your DIB bank Kenya accounts, anywhere in the world.
• No special software required. You don’t need to purchase any special software. As long as you have a personal computer (PC) with the minimum configuration, you are ready to start.
• Wide range of service. Our wide range of on-line banking services will help you to better manage your finance. Moreover, we will progressively add more new services for your convenience.
- What is the cost of accessing DIB Connect?
DIB Connect has no set up cost. The only charges associated with the service are transaction related fees.
- I am not enrolled on DIB Bank Kenya DIB Connect; how do I subscribe/sign up?
To access the service:
For further assistance with the self-sign up, you may call our contact centre through:
- Either visit your nearest DIB Bank branch and complete the registration form OR
- Self-signup through the link: https://onlinebanking.dibkenya.co.ke (refer to the user manual DIB Bank DIB Connect – Registration and First Time Login)
Email: email@example.com or
Telephone: 254 709 913000 / +254 20 5131300
- What types of transactions can I make via DIB Bank Connect?
You can also set up standing orders for each of the above transactions
- Own account transfers – between your own accounts in DIB Bank Kenya Ltd
- Internal Transfers – paying a third party within DIB Bank Kenya Ltd
- Real Time Gross Settlement (RTGS) transfers – This is a same day transfer to another bank in any currency.
- Why must I create a beneficiary when I want to pay someone just once?
This is one of the measures the bank has taken to safeguard your transactions.
• Creating beneficiaries ensures that you are sending money to the right/approved person.
• In addition, it saves you time when making payments as you don’t need to worry about re-typing or re-entering the details of the people you are paying
- For which payments MUST I create a beneficiary before I can make the transaction?
With DIB Connect, you will have to create beneficiaries for the following transactions:
For more details on how to create beneficiaries for each of the above, kindly refer to the DIB Bank DIB Connect – Payments user manual
- Internal Account Transfer
- Domestic transfer (RTGS)
- I need to make a transfer to a local or International bank but I do not have the bank codes or SWIFT codes. Where do I get these details?
Always ensure to get all the transfer details from the recipient to avoid errors while making transfers.
The most important details required are:
Recipient names as they appear in the bank
Recipient account number
Recipient bank and country
Recipient bank branch
Recipient bank SWIFT code
Recipient bank IBAN number especially for transfers to Middle East
DIB Bank has also provided more details for different banks while creating the beneficiary template for ease of information capture
- I am not interested in transacting on my account. I am only interested in viewing statements and checking the status of my accounts. Is this possible?
Yes, it’s possible to have a ‘view only’ profile which does not allow you to transact.
Please note to clearly indicate this or advise the customer service team at the branch at the time of completing the registration forms
- What should I do if I forget my user ID?
Without the User ID, you will not be able to log in to the service. If this happens, contact your nearest DIB Bank Branch for assistance or call our contact centre through:
Tel: + 254 709 913000 / +254 20 5131300 OR
- What should I do if I forget my Password?
With DIB Connect, you may get your password reset through:
Click on the link: https://onlinebanking.dibkenya.co.ke to access the DIB Connect site or go through the DIB bank website at www.dibkenya.co.ke
Click on ‘Existing customer’ and enter your user ID (case sensitive)
Enter and Submit the One Time Password (OTP) received through SMS on your registered mobile number from the DIBBANK
Answer the security questions provided and Submit
Select and confirm the your new password
- A. ‘Forgot password’ option on the DIB Connect platform as per the process below
kindly visit the nearest DIB bank branch and request for a password reset, OR, call the DIB Bank Contact Centre through:
Tel: + 254 709 913000 / +254 20 5131300 OR
- B. Password reset through Bank
- When I make a payment now, when will I see the entry in my account through DIB Connect?
All incoming and outgoing payments are visible immediately as the system is Real-Time and you will also receive notification via the email as well as mobile phone on transactions done.
- I am a client who does not live in Kenya, when can I access the system?
The system is accessible 24/7/365. However, we have put in place transaction cut off times for certain transactions as follows:
- Domestic Transfers – Mondays to Fridays between 9 am and 3 pm
- International Account Transfers – Available on weekdays from 9 am to 3 pm
- Which browsers can I use for the DIB bank Internet Banking?
The service can be accessed using any industry standard browser
- I have received a notification and yet I am not currently logged in to the service, what should I do?
For security purposes, all notifications will be sent to both the registered email address and the registered mobile number. Should you get a notification and you are not the one transacting:
A. URGENTLY get in touch with us through the following:
Tel: + 254 709 913000 / +254 20 5131300 OR
If you suspect they are due to lost / stolen password, please call us to terminate the password immediately. You may want to take note of your last log-in date and time, as indicated at the Personal Homepage, each time you log-in to the service.
B. Change Your Password IMMEDIATELY
Change your password immediately by following the steps below:
NOTE: By logging in to the service, you automatically log out the unauthorized person attempting to access your account
- Is the DIB Bank Kenya online system secure?
We have adopted comprehensive security measures to safeguard your use of DIB Connect:
However, we urge you to ensure that you DO NOT SHARE your online log in credentials with anyone. Guard your credentials and report any suspicious communication to firstname.lastname@example.org or call our Customer Contact Centre on + 254 709 913000 / +254 20 5131300
- Customer Authentication with Login ID and Password – You must enter the unique Login ID and Password to access DIB Connect. All information transmitted through the Internet, including your Login ID, Password, your account information and your transaction details, from the moment you log in to the time you log out, are protected by strong end-to-end 128-bit SSL encryption; i.e. from your PC browser to the Bank’s system.
- 2-Factor Authentication for transactions – All financial transactions and personal updates on DIB Connect require a 2-factor authentication process. This means that in addition to your usual login credentials, we will send a temporary one-time password (OTP) via registered mobile number as well as email address in order for you to complete the transaction. This process ensures that only you, as the account holder will receive the password and will be authorised to carry out transactions on your account.
- Automatic Logout – To prevent unauthorized access at your PC while it is unattended, we have implemented a time-out feature. Your login session of DIB Connect will be terminated if the browser is left idle for a while.
- Last Login Date and Time are indicated – Your last login date and time are provided in your first screen for your verification. The system does not allow simultaneous or multiple log in. The Bank always considers security to be of utmost importance. We have adopted very high standards and tight controls in managing our computer systems and networks.
- What precautions should I take for this service?
Besides maintaining the confidentiality of your DIB Connect ID and DIB Connect password, you should take the following precautions:
- DO NOT reveal your ID and password to anyone, write down or use it where someone else can see.
- Change your password IMMEDIATELY, using the ‘Change of Password’ service, if you suspect it has been revealed.
- DO NOT use easily recognised numbers such as your telephone number etc. as your password.
- REMEMBER TO LOG OUT of the system and close your browser whenever you leave your computer, even for a short while.
- Clear your browser’s cache on a regular basis so that your account information is removed. This is particularly important if you are using a shared PC. You should clear it after each session.
- Always use the latest recommended internet browser so that you are using the most updated security features available.
- Call our contact centre immediately if you notice any unusual transactions on your account.
- Other Security Tips?
- Access the DIB Bank DIB Connect by typing www.dibkenya.co.ke . Never click on links provided in any email to access the Bank’s site. Always look for the green bar in your browser which shows that the website you are accessing is genuine and secure
- Whether by email or other form of telecommunication, representatives of DIB Bank Kenya Ltd will NEVER ask you to provide your DIB Connect identifiers: user names (user id), password and/or PIN. Any request that seeks this information is not from DIB Bank Kenya Ltd and should be reported to the proper authorities.
- If you encounter a suspicious email or website that says it is from DIB Bank Kenya Ltd, do not respond to it or click on any links.
- When using shared / public PCs for this service, we strongly recommend you not to conduct your DIB Connect transactions on such PCs unless you are sure that it is safe to do so. Please clear browser cache after each session so that your account information is removed from such PCs.
- Do not choose a password that is easily identifiable such as your personal telephone number, birthday or other personal information etc.
- Avoid using sequential numbers (such as 123456) or same number more than twice (such as 123226) for your password.
- Your password must be kept confidential at all times and not be divulged to anyone. Your password must be memorised and not be recorded anywhere.
- Do not write down your password or use it where someone can see.
- Change your password immediately if you suspect it has been revealed.
- Change your password regularly.
- Never respond to emails/embedded links asking you to verify User IDs/Password. Remember, no one has the right to know your Password or PIN. Immediately change your password if you have accidentally revealed your credentials.
- Never leave your computer unattended while logged on to DIB Connect. Every time you finish your DIB Connect session, log off from the website and then close the web page. Do not just close your browser.
- Please update your personal contact details on a timely basis. Kindly notify us if you are not receiving SMS and Email notifications regularly.
- Check your account statements on a regular basis, and ensure that you recognize the transactions.