DIB Bank Kenya
This Privacy Notice (the “Notice”) governs how DIB Bank Kenya Limited Kenya (hereafter, “DIB Bank”), collects, uses, and discloses personal data from and about users of DIB Bank website, web applications and mobile applications that link to this Notice (collectively referred to as, the “Services”). Personal data in this context means information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.
Personal data collected through the Services
DIB Bank collects and uses certain personal data in order to operate and provide you with access to the Services. This includes information that you provide to us and information that we collect automatically when you visit or interact with the Services.
Information that you provide to us
We collect personal data that you voluntarily provide to us when you use the Services. This information includes, without limitation: your email addresses, telephone numbers, and other contact details; biographical information; audio and visual, social media information; submissions to our customer service; feedback on our website, web or mobile app; online preferences, such as alerts; and business information, such as your company name and industry.
Information that we collect about your use of the Services
We collect information about your use of the Services and about the device you use to access the Services, including the pages you request and visit; the posts you submit; information on your interaction with other users; information obtained in the course of maintaining or supporting the Services; information about your internet use, such as your internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date and time stamp, referring/exit pages, and possibly the number of clicks. These are not linked to any information that is personally identifiable. The purpose of the information is for analyzing trends, administering the site, tracking users’ movement on the website, and gathering demographic information. If you access the Services via your mobile device, we may also collect information about your mobile provider, IMSI, IMEI and type of mobile device.
For more information about cookies and how to disable them, please visit this page
Cookies and Web Beacons
We (and our data processors) use different technologies to collect this information, including cookies and web beacons. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us improve our Services and your experience, see which areas and features of our Services are popular, and count visits. These cookies are used to store information including visitors’ preferences, and the pages on the website that the visitor accessed or visited. The information is used to optimize the users’ experience by customizing our web page content based on visitors’ browser type and/or other information.
Web beacons are electronic images that may be used in our Services or emails and help deliver cookies, count visits, and understand usage and campaign effectiveness.
For more general information on cookies, please read “What Are Cookies”.
Google DoubleClick DART Cookie
Our Advertising Partners
Note that DIB Bank has no access to or control over these cookies that are used by third-party advertisers.
Third Party Privacy Policies
You can choose to disable cookies through your individual browser options. To know more detailed information about cookie management with specific web browsers, it can be found at the browsers’ respective websites. What Are Cookies?
How personal data is used
The general purposes for which we collect and process your personal data include, but are not limited to:
- Provide, maintain, and improve the Services.
- Send you technical notices, general updates, goodwill messages, security alerts, and support and administrative messages (such as changes to our terms, conditions, and policies) and to respond to your comments, questions, and customer service requests;
- Receive and respond to your submissions on the Services such as submissions on DIB Bank website, web applications and mobile applications, social media and submissions to Customer Service Contacts;
- Permit you to participate in voluntary polls and surveys (we may use third parties to deliver incentives to you to participate in such polls and surveys, and you may be required to provide your contact details to the third party in order to fulfil the incentive offer);
- Communicate with you about products, services, and events offered by DIB Bank and others, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you (visit this page for information about how to opt out of these communications at any time);
- Monitor and analyse trends, usage, and activities in connection with our Services;
- Develop new products and services and enhance current products and services;
- Detect, investigate, and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities, and protect the rights and property of DIB Bank and others; and
- Carry out any other purpose described to you at the time of collecting information.
How personal data is shared
We may share your personal data as follows or as otherwise described in this Notice but not limited to the below:
- With our data processors that host, maintain, manage, or provide other services to us in relation to the Services;
- To co-operate with public and government authorities and law enforcement, to respond to a request, or to provide information in accordance to existing laws;
- For other legal reasons, such as to monitor compliance with and enforce our terms and conditions, to protect our rights, privacy, safety, or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others, to protect against criminal activities, and for risk management purposes; and
- In connection with a sale or business transaction, such as to an acquiring entity or its advisors in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets, or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
We may also share aggregated pseudonymized or anonymized information that cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
Another part of our priority is adding protection for children while using the internet. We encourage parents and guardians to observe, participate in, and/or monitor and guide their online activity.
DIB Bank does not knowingly collect any Personal Identifiable Information from children below the age of 18 years. If you think that your child provided this kind of information on our website, we strongly encourage you to contact us immediately and we will do our best efforts to promptly remove such information from our records.
We seek to use appropriate technical and organizational measures to safeguard personal data within our organization against loss, theft, breach, and unauthorized use, disclosure, or modification.
Please refer to the content below to note your obligations in controlling your privacy and data.
Marketing emails and alerts
If you no longer want to receive marketing-related emails and alerts from DIB Bank, you may opt out/ unsubscribe by following the instructions contained within each such email or through DIB Bank’s contact center. We will endeavor to comply with your request as soon as is reasonably practicable. Please note that if you opt out of receiving marketing-related emails and alerts, we may still send you administrative messages, from which you cannot opt out or unsubscribe.
Consent and Updates